Young + Wild and Friedman was born when founder, Julie Friedman’s, daughter was diagnosed with a speech disorder coupled with severe anxiety. When doctors recommended incorporating more sensory play opportunities in their daily routine, Julie was inspired to research and create something to calm and encourage her daughter’s language development. After assembling her first sensory bin, she was amazed at her daughter’s behavior and language growth and was encouraged to share her ideas with other families. At Young + Wild & Friedman, you’ll find inspiringly fun and simple play kits to keep your children happy and full of adventure and joy, while protecting their child-like wonder and sweet imaginations.
The Waldorf Kit is the ultimate kit for little explorers! Complete with homemade, non-toxic play dough, rocks, marbles, shells, wooden clothes pins, rolling pin, wooden stars and more! This kit is everything your little one needs to create and explore.
- Hands-on, creative & stimulating activities
- All natural, non-toxic play dough scented with cinnamon and cocoa
- Benefits of sensory play:
- Enhances memory
- Builds nerve connections in the brain
- Supports language development & cognitive growth
- Encourages fine and gross motor skills
- Supports problem solving skills and social interaction
- Allows kids to learn different sensory attributes, such as cold, sticky, dry, etc.
- Makes a fun & creative gift
- Age recommendation: 3 years +