For Wishbone founders Richard Latham and Jennifer McIver, childhood is a time of magic and discovery. The couple, who are originally from New Zealand, moved to New York in 2005 with their two young children, Noah and Lulu. Inspired by a love of nature and adventure, Rich designed the first Wishbone Bike in the family’s New York bathroom, wanting nothing more than to give his kids a taste of the childhood he and Jen had. From that small bathroom in New York, to a garage in their hometown of Wellington, NZ to their own studio, Wishbone has become a world leader in children’s bikes, and it’s easy to see why. Their innovative design, which sees them convert from a trike to a balance bike, is a winner with both parents and children. Beautifully designed and sustainably produced using recycled materials such as carpets, the bikes are sought after all over the world.
The Wishbone Cruise is a balance bike mash-up, designed for stylin’ pre-schoolers who are ready to ride. Inspired by the 1950’s custom motorcycle scene, Wishbone Cruise is a uniquely-styled first ride for children aged 2 years and up.
- Made from recycled plastic and plantation birch
- Simple, sustainable design
- Adjustable seat from 12″ to 15.7″
- Two bigger wheels at 14″ for smooth riding
- Rubber, whitewall tires
- Easy and lightweight to carry
- Sturdy production, great for off-trail cruising
- 5 year limited manufacturer warranty
- Age recommendation: 2 years +