Created in 2012, Tech Will Save Us is on a mission to spark the creative imagination of young people using hands-on technology. Their award winning make-it-yourself kits and digital tools help kids (and the adults that love them) to make, play, code and invent using technology. Now sold in over 97 countries, Tech Will Save Us collaborated with Google, Code Club, The Prince’s Trust, and the BBC to create the micro:bit—a pocket sized computer designed for kids to invent with and was given to one million kids and is now used in over 40 countries. Designed and created in London, their kits and lesson plans are often used for workshops and in schools to teach kids about electronics, coding, and crafting with easy to use, tactile products.
The Tech Will Save Us Thirsty Plant Kit lets kids build a solar-powered moisture sensor to tell them when their plant needs water. Using plaster of Paris, a few electronic components, and solar panels, it’s the perfect introduction to building circuits and learning about sensors.
- Introduces solar technology
- Teaches kids how sensors work
- Learn to build a circuit and about electrical polarity
- Works with any type of plant
- Designed and crafted in London
- Includes access to the Tech Will Save Us free online platform for coding, making and inventing
- Age recommendation: 8 years +