When Brooklynites Jacqueline and Scot Tatelman started a not-for-profit summer camp for underprivileged kids almost a decade ago, they were shocked to see so many kids show up with their belongings in trash bags. It inspired them to create STATE, a collection of backpacks and school accessories with a strong emphasis on giving back. For every STATE bag sold, one is donated to a child in need (it’s also packed full of school essentials to boot). So far, the pair have delivered over 30,000 backpacks to kids across America.
A petite, perfectly constructed backpack for all, and all essentials, the Kent’s body features jewel-toned glitter stripes on a bold black bag. The main compartment fits a standard school size folder, and is equipped with organizational zip pockets, slip pockets, pen holders and is perfect for the Kindergartner or elementary student in your life.
- Made of 100% nylon with screen printed glitter stripes
- 100% polyester signature Brooklyn map interior
- 2 large main zip around compartments:
- Large open cavity with padded laptop sleeve
- Front section with organizational pockets
- Zippered front stash pocket
- Slip side pockets
- Soft padded easily adjustable straps
- Top locker loop
- Easily wipes clean
- Can hold 13″ laptop, lunch box, and more
- Dimensions: 12.2″ W x 4.92″ D x 14.7″ H