When Brooklynites Jacqueline and Scot Tatelman started a not-for-profit summer camp for underprivileged kids almost a decade ago, they were shocked to see so many kids show up with their belongings in trash bags. It inspired them to create STATE, a collection of backpacks and school accessories with a strong emphasis on giving back. For every STATE bag sold, one is donated to a child in need (it’s also packed full of school essentials to boot). So far, the pair have delivered over 30,000 backpacks to kids across America.
A signature backpack for the kids, or the kid at heart, The Kane’s main compartment fits a standard school size folder, 13″ laptop, or Rodgers lunch box and is equipped with organizational zip pockets, slip pockets, and pen holders.
- Made of 100% polyester
- Lining: 100% polyester
- All over dinoflage print design
- Main compartment with organizational pockets
- Zippered front pocket
- Side water bottle pockets
- Soft padded easily adjustable straps
- Top locker loop
- Woven label and signature rivet in red
- Dimensions: 14.95″ H x 11.22″ W x 4.72″ D
- Weight: 1.07 lbs
- Easily wipes clean