Cindy Forde, the former CEO of the Cambridge Science Centre, founded the educational platform, Planetari, with the mission of empowering children and providing them with the knowledge and skills to be the innovators, entrepreneurs and global citizens who protect the planet and ensure the wellbeing of all its inhabitants by 2030. Created in 2017 in alignment with the UNSDGs (United Nations Sustainable Development Goals), Planetari offers engaging and educational content, lesson plans, games and activities for kids around the world.
The Planetari Ocean Adventure Makerzine facilitates a fun filled expedition where children can discover why the oceans are the greatest treasure on planet Earth. While finding out about the threats they face, children also encounter ingenious solutions to protect the oceans and find out how they can be part of them, or even invent their own.
- Printed with vegetable based inks on sustainably sourced paper
- 46 pages (including covers)
- Activities include:
- A marine protected area – make your own mobile
- An oyster hotel – build it and welcome fishy guests
- Message in a bottle – share ideas with friends across the world
- Plastic investigation file – find out where trouble starts
- Letter to the Minister for Environment – ask for the kind of world you want
- Fishy Facts Quiz
- Draw the reef you want to see in 2029
- School competition
- Created in partnership with the Blue Marine Foundation (BLUE)
- Age recommendation: 7 – 12 years