Named after the otter and kangaroo (whose movements babies tend to mimic at just eight weeks old), Otteroo produces a range of floaties for young babies, to encourage water play from an early age. Growing up, founder Tiffany Chiu was terrified of the water and only learned to swim when she had to (in order to graduate from college). She was inspired to found Otteroo by her nephew, Stanley, in the hope that this innovative floatie would not only make bath time fun for babies but also ease the transition between mommy’s tummy to the bath and pool before fear like hers can set in. Today, the brand is a world leader in safety standards for water play, and has partnered with UC Berkeley’s Infant Studies Center to explore the potential benefits of using Otteroo in facilitating motor and psychological development.
Raising the bar on bath time and water play, Lumi’s new ClearView™ design is their biggest innovation yet! Lumi amplifies the amazing developmental benefits that come with early independent movement. Babies can now observe what happens in the water as they reach, kick and twirl — a great prelude to understanding cause and effect. The buoyancy and physical freedom that Otteroo provides promote movement coordination, muscle strength and mobility.
- Transparent design for an unobstructed view of the water
- Made using the highest grade of toxin & lead-free plastic
- Cushioned chin rest for baby’s comfort
- Seamless inner rim to prevent skin irritation
- Click-in strap design for easy and secure closure
- Fun for use at bath-time or in the pool
- No ink is used on any exposed surfaces
- Compliant with US and EU safety standards
- Maximum baby weight: 35 lbs / 15 kg
- Age recommendation: 8 weeks + / 9 lbs