Loog started as an academic project in 2010 when Rafael Atijas developed the concept as his Master’s thesis at New York University. After two wildly successful Kickstarter campaigns, one which made Loog the best-selling guitar on Kickstarter ever, Loog solidified itself as a top guitar maker for kids. Playing songs on a guitar can be a daunting task for beginners. Loog solves this with their 3-string guitars that reduce chords to the basic triad, allowing for an easier and faster learning process.
With a Loog and its accompanying app, kids can play songs on day one, feeling rewarded and encouraged to keep on playing and learning. Playing a musical instrument helps children benefit in almost every level: it enhances their cognitive skills while fostering creative thinking and their ability to focus. With Loog, kids are playing and having fun from the very beginning, acquiring skills that stay with them forever.
- Designed for kids, good enough for pros: sustainably sourced basswood body and maple neck
- New model with dramatically improved sound, perfect intonation and low string action for enhanced playability
- Award-winning design approved by educators: learn on a Loog, play any guitar
- Fully assembled and ready to play
- Includes flashcards and full access to the Loog Guitar app (iOS and Android)
- Age recommendation: 8 years +
- Number of Frets: 18
- Control: Volume
- Scale: 20.4″ (520.0mm)
- Length: 29.2″ (740.5mm)
- Width: 8.8″ (223.0mm)
- Depth: 2.6″ (66.0mm)
- Weight: 4 lbs (1.9kg)