Affectionately known as “Nature’s Bassinets”, the Design Dua Bilia Bassinet will effortlessly blend into your home’s decor. Handmade from 100% natural and non-toxic elephant grass with an organic kapok fiber mattress, this sweet Moses basket can be used as a storage basket once your little one outgrows it.
- Includes basket, mattress pad, liner, and sheet
- Basket is handmade from 100% fairtrade elephant grass with natural black leather handles
- Mattress pad is made from 100% organic fairtrade kapok fiber with a cotton cover
- Sheet and liner are made from GOTS-certified organic cotton, are free from harmful pesticides and herbicides, and are dyed with non-toxic dyes.
- US CPSC safety tested
- Kapok pads are filled with kapok fiber and tufted for firmness – they are not as firm as foam by their nature and are safe for infant sleep.
- Baskets are made under strict standards and sanitary conditions. Each product is woven, steam cleaned, and prepared for use. Quality leather or cloth is added to each basket.
- Elephant grass is not dyed or naturally beige or brown in color. It is green grass which is dried to its lightest state, similar to the color of hay, with some brown pieces throughout. Colors may vary slightly, and black dye may appear dark purple or blue in the sunlight.
- Dimensions: approximately 29″ L x 16″ W
- Weight: 11 lbs
- Please note: Do not use this bassinet with any other pillows or mattresses due to risk of suffocation.
ABOUT DESIGN DUA
Design Dua was founded by Coretta Owusu, a lawyer, human rights advocate, and entrepreneur with nearly a decade of experience as a business professional in the USA and West Africa. The brand’s design studio is located in Ghana, and each product is handwoven and hand-dyed from elephant grass, sissal grass, wicker, or paper rope by highly skilled local artisans. The Design Dua team interacts directly with the artisans and insures that customers receive an heirloom-quality final product, and that the weavers are paid a fair wage for these extremely time-consuming, handmade products. With a passion for empowerment, education, and awareness, Design Dua’s aim is to display the beauty of West Africa while giving locals the opportunity to truly benefit from the items that they create.