Halloween is a perfect time to get the whole family involved in decorating the house. Here are some spookily cute and easy decorations you can create together.
Halloween is such an exciting time for kids. Make it even more fun with your own DIY decorations that the whole family can get involved in making. In this piece, we used Kitpas Coloring Blocks – these eco-friendly and water-soluble coloring block crayons enable tots to draw on paper, glass windows and whiteboards, making craft time or party decorating extra fun!
- Hot Glue Gun
- Black Cardboard
- Kitpas coloring blocks
- Pencil for tracing
- Glue or sticky tape to attach spiders legs
Instructions: How to make your spider web
1. Collect 4 sticks that are roughly the same length.
2. Arrange the sticks so they are overlapping and put a dob of hot glue in the middle to secure them.
3. Tie the wool around the middle of the sticks and then start wrapping the wool around the sticks to make a web.
How to make the spider
1. Trace around one large circle (like a large bowl) to make the spider’s body and trace around a small circle (like a cup) for the head.
2. Cut out the spider’s head and body. Use the ruler to draw 8 legs on the cardboard and cut them out.
3. Concertina fold the spider’s legs. (This is when you fold the card by turning the card over after each fold). Decorate the spider’s body with Kitpas block crayons
4. Glue or sticky tape the spider’s legs to the body.
5. Attach the spider to the web with a piece of long wool. Hang the spider’s web on your front door to greet your Halloween visitors.