The Best Plastic-Free Breastmilk Storage Bags
When it comes to choosing where and how to store your breastmilk, the battle of finding a plastic-free option has never been harder. Luckily, Zip Top, the brand already nailing plastic-free food storage, has a solution: 100% food-grade silicone bags!
While we thought a plastic-free breastmilk storage bag might be as elusive as a full night’s sleep, Zip Top proved us wrong!
The made in the USA brand has created 100% food grade silicone bags that are reusable, earth-friendly and free of toxic chemicals like BPA, PVC, lead, and phthalates. They’re also incredibly easy to use because of their stand up, stay open, zip closed design. Intended to make the often arduous milk pumping and storing fiasco easier (and non-toxic,) each Zip Top bag can even be written on.
Why should you opt for plastic-free breastmilk storage bags?
- For starters, they’re better for the earth. One reusable Zip Top can replace more than 5,000 disposable bags.
- When heated, plastic can potentially leach chemicals into the liquid or food its storing.
- Unlike plastics that may begin to crack, flake or melt, 100% food grade silicone is sterilizer, dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe.
- They are less flimsy, which means less spills (and tears.)
- Because of their durability and longevity, they can be repurposed or passed on once you’re done pumping.
While Zip Top is nailing the breastmilk storage bag game, they’re also winning our hearts with food storage and snack cup options. If there’s one thing all parents can agree on, it’s that you should never leave home without snacks for your baby or toddler because ‘hangry’ isn’t cute on anyone!
Our kids love the Zip Top Baby Snack Container Set because it includes four animal shapes. Even when they’re not snacking out of them, they love playing with them as toys!
If you’re trying to find other ways to go plastic-free in your kitchen, a great place to start is with Zip Top’s Dish + Bag Sets. They’re the no-fuss, lid-free, non-toxic food storage option you’ve been dreaming of!
Available in a three pack and eight pack of various sizes, you’ll be able to store lunches and leftovers with ease. The best part: if anything needs to be re-heated, they’re microwave safe!