Nasiba Adilova’s 7 essential gear picks
As much as you might like to snuggle up with your tot and never leave the house, the reality is that at some point, you’ll need to! These seven products – favorites of our co-founder, Nasiba Adilova – are bound to help you get up and go
When you travel as much as I do – for work, for pleasure, sometimes for both – you need gear that you can really rely on. I don’t have time to be fussing with strollers at airport check-ins, or having a fight with my travel crib when I finally get to my hotel room at night. I need gear that’s functional, helps my family run smoothly, and is durable. If it looks good, too? Well, that’s a very stylish bonus!
- Cybex Platinum Solution Q2-Fix Booster Seat: When my babies are in the car, my number one concern is for their safety, and that’s why I choose Cybex car seats. Cybex invests heavily in research around child transport safety, and they are constantly innovating to ensure they remain the safest car seats out there.
- Bugaboo Donkey Weekender: Let’s get one thing clear: if I could come back to life as a pram, I’d be the Donkey Weekender. Seriously, have you ever seen a more stylish stroller? It’s beautiful! Jokes aside, I love its functionality, too. Even though it’s on the large side, it fits through every doorway, converts to a side-by-side or twin stroller, and comes with a matching luggage case. What’s the word for being in love with a stroller? Because I am.
- Nuna Sena Aire Travel Crib: Because I travel a lot, I knew I’d need a travel crib. The problem with most travel cribs is that they’re so tricky to use – but not with the Nuna Sena Aire, which opens and closes in just one step. When your tot – and you – are tired after a long day of travel, the last thing you want to do is wrangle a crib to get them to sleep. With the Nuna, you don’t have to.
- Bugaboo Comfort Wheeled Board and Seat (with Adapter): When my second child was born, my first was still young enough to need some help getting around, but too big for a stroller. I spent months wondering how, exactly, I would get them from A to B without meltdowns (theirs or mine!). Then I discovered this add-on for my Bugaboo, and my prayers were answered! Basically, this is like a skateboard (or a ride-on trike) that attaches to your existing stroller, and allows you to push your baby and your toddler safely, at the same time. No meltdowns, I guarantee it.
- Nuna Leaf Curv Bouncer: I’ll be honest: the Nuna Leaf saved my sanity on more than one occasion! The bouncer, which mimics the way a leaf blows in the breeze, gives your baby a gentle rock that puts them to sleep better than pretty much anything else. My babies loved it – and so do I!
- Cybex Yema Carrier: I searched high and low for the perfect baby carrier when I was first pregnant, and this one, from global leader in travel gear, Cybex, was the winner. First of all, it looks like something I would actually wear! But more importantly than that, it’s comfortable. When you’ve just given birth and you’re still adapting to your new body – and new baby! – you need a carrier that offers extreme comfort, and this one does. I love that the Yema grows with your baby, too – all you need to do is slightly adjust the headrest to make sure they’re comfortable and safe.
- Doona Infant Car Seat/Stroller: The Doona car seat and stroller is truly a miracle – and believe me, that is not a word I use lightly. I know there are plenty of capsules on the market that adapt to strollers, but this is the first stroller/car seat hybrid that’s all-in-one. All you need to do to transform it from a stroller to a car seat is push a button, and the wheels and legs pop underneath, so you can attach it to an adapter in your car. When you want to use it as a stroller again, you simply click the button and the legs and wheels pop out. It’s absolutely a feat of engineering, and a must-have for all new mamas. Anything that makes life easier and the transition from the car to the outside world smoother is an essential.
- Gathre Maxi Mat: I truly love this beautifully-made mat. And so do my tots. It’s waterproof (which is a must!) and it’s made of premium bonded leather. It actually folds up really compactly which means I can pack it easily and my tots can have an impromptu play session whenever they need.