Nasiba Adilova’s Mama-To-Be Must Haves
Pregnant and wondering what the ultimate essentials are? The Tot Co-Founder, Nasiba Adilova shares her must have products for mamas-to-be.
Now that I’m pregnant for the second time, I have no problem calling myself an expert when it comes to advising parents on what they’ll actually love having in their lives when it comes to shopping for life with a baby. Whether you’re after something practical, something indulgent or something that will be passed down from generation to generation, the following list covers all the bases and then some.
- Peeps Paper Products Baby Book: Keeping mementos and documenting the milestones my children reach is very important to me. Life happens so fast and I love being able to look back and remember all the first words, first hair cuts and first teeth. The Peeps Paper Product Baby Book is bound in Japanese asahi cloth and printed on Mohawk superfine paper, which allows for longevity and beauty.
- The Afternoon Dress by Hatch: The Afternoon Dress is effortless, flattering, comfortable and the perfect choice for daytime wear. Incredibly versatile, I’ve worn it through the whole nine months of all my pregnancies and even the first few months of my children’s lives. It will quickly become your pregnancy uniform because it’s so easy to dress up or down.
- Bamboo Night-Tee Sleep Dress by Recliner: Finding sleepwear that is comfortable, durable and designed with “coverage” in mind hasn’t always been that easy. However the brand, Recliner, is proving the mission to be possible. Using materials like feather-light Japanese satins and moisture-wicking bamboo jersey, Recliner sleepwear is durable, breathable and luxurious.
- Hatch Hospital Box Set: Made in California, the HATCH-to-Hospital Box Set is seriously the perfect gift to give yourself or your bestie to ensure all possible comforts and luxuries during a stay in the hospital. The set consists of a grey cashmere socks, a pair of panties, a knee length nightgown (breastfeeding friendly!) and a ridiculously soft jersey robe.
- Blanqi Maternity Belly Support Leggings: Trust me – the bigger your belly grows, the more you’re going to wish you had invested in a solid pair of maternity belly support leggings. Blanqi, which produces their ultra comfortable leggings in the US, uses moisture-wicking materials that have a butter-soft texture with built-in core support so that you’ll stay cool and comfortable during your pregnancy while still looking stylish.
- Galileo Linens Nursing Cover: It’s not always easy feeding a baby in public who doesn’t like to stay latched on, which is why I really value the Galileo Linens nursing cover. Hand painted in Brooklyn, these nursing covers are made with fine quality flax linen, which is naturally cool, breathable, anti-bacterial and lint-free. The cover easily folds or rolls up to slip into your baby bag, ready for you whenever (and wherever) you may need to feed.
- Holy Lamb Organics Bo Peep Nursing Pillow and Cover: I love using the Holy Lamb Organics Bo Peep nursing pillow because it saves my back and arms from straining and reduces tension in the neck when nursing. Made from 100% certified organic cotton sateen fabric and high quality wool batting, it’s completely chemical free, which means it’s safe for a newborn, the environment and mamas. As your baby gets older, the pillow can be used as a prop to help them learn to sit up. Bonus: the removable cover is easy to wash, which means no yucky sour milk smells or drool stains.
- Medela Freestyle Breast Pump Deluxe Set: As a working mom, I totally rely on pumping breast milk and always opt for Medela’s Freestyle double electric breast pump. Because I’d be pumping multiple times a day, the 2-Phase Expression Technology and One Touch Let-Down button means I’d express more milk in less time when pumping at the Maximum Comfort Vacuum™ in the expression phase. I also really like that it comes in a carry all bag for convenience and organization.
- OsoCozy Organic Fitted Cloth Diaper: Cloth diapers aren’t for everyone, but they’re definitely something I will try to use as much as possible. Manufactured in the USA, OsoCozy cloth diapers are gentle on your baby’s skin and the environment while providing leak proof protection. Made with 100% certified, unbleached, organic cotton material, the classic hourglass-shaped diapers feature durable snap closures, gentle elastic bands at the legs and waist that ensure a snug, leak-proof fit.
- Soak Newborn to Toddler Bathtub by Boon: I always use a newborn and toddler bath because they are safe, comfortable and use much less water than a full sized tub. The Boon Soak Newborn to Toddler Bathtub has a unique contoured non-slip bath seat that can be positioned in three different stages for newborns, infants and toddlers. The PBA and Phthalate free bathtub also features a unique color changing drain plug that ensures the water is always at the perfect temperature.
- Ubbi Diaper Pail: At 3am, no one is walking a dirty diaper to the laundry or outdoor trashcan, which is why I swear by the Ubbi Diaper Pail. Made of powder-coated steel to achieve maximum door control, this diaper pail is equipped with rubber seals strategically designed to lock in odors.