FIVE X FIVE: Dayna Bolden
The Tot FIVE x FIVE invites inspiring mamas to answer five questions on motherhood and curate their favorite kids’ products they can’t live without. Here we talk to Dayna Bolden, Entrepreneur, mother of Aria and soon to be welcoming baby #2.
Based in Baltimore, Maryland, soon to be mama of two, Dayna Bolden, is on a mission to inspire women to fiercely chase their dreams. As a host, model and CEO of Bolden Creative Media, Dayna focuses on creating and sharing authentic and relatable content that’s designed to empower, motivate and ultimately get people to take action to live their best life. Already the mother to daughter, Aria, it took a year to become pregnant with Baby #2. A firm believer that things happen when they’re supposed to, we can’t get enough of Dayna’s infectious positivity.
DAYNA ON MOTHERHOOD
- Have you always been inherently positive or have you had to do a lot of self work to get where you are today? “I think it’s definitely a mix of both, I’ve always had a very upbeat and optimistic personality, but after I went through the ups of downs of my life and career it shaped me into the women I am today.”
- How would you describe your parenting style? “I definitely feel like you get the best of both worlds with me. Between my husband and I, I’m definitely more of the disciplinary one, but even though I may be more strict, we have the best relationship and are “best friends”. I am super lovey dovey with my daughter (which can be annoying to her, lol). I love showing my care and love for her, but I’m also clear about disciplining her with a one-on-one conversation and/or time outs.”
- Do you and your husband have certain non-negotiable traditions or values you instill in Aria? “We are big on honesty and telling the truth. We really want to instill having good character, so no matter how big or small, we always encourage and expect her to be honest and trustworthy.”
- Has your beauty/ personal style changed since becoming a mother? “I definitely feel that I am more chill with my style and beauty routines. With being a busy mom, I don’t have as much time to spend hours getting the perfect outfit and putting on tons of makeup, so for my normal beauty and style routine, I like to keep it simple.”
- Will you approach anything differently with Baby #2?” This is a good one, I think since it has been five years since caring for a newborn, I’m almost learning the ropes again! But from what I can remember, I will definitely take a different approach with the sleeping habits. For the first 8 months of Aria’s life, I woke up every 3 hours on the dot to feed her when she cried. This time I want to try to sleep train my second baby better and more effectively.”
DAYNA’S SECOND BABY NURSERY ESSENTIALS
- Million Dollar Baby Classic Tanner Crib: Obviously, a crib is a must have for any nursery, and it’s also the statement piece of the room. I love this crib, especially because it’s convertible so I can still use it for longer as the baby grows.
- Ducduc Austin 4-drawer/ change table: I really love this changing table/dresser. It’s so functional and has great storage. I love changing tables with additional storage!
- Monte Como Glider: This is a must-have for all nurseries. It is the perfect seat for late night feedings.
- Alimrose Organic Cotton Baa Baa Baby Blanket: A nursery blanket is perfect for cuddling with baby! This one looks so warm and cozy.
- Million Dollar Baby Classic Darlington Bookcase: This is the perfect book case to store books and toys, I love the style!