8 baby essentials for small spaces
If you’re expecting a baby and you’re short on space, our minimalist’s guide to baby essentials is for you.
Whether you’re embracing a minimalist lifestyle or you’re challenged with having to get the most out of a small space, the right approach is “less is more”. We have rounded up what we think are the absolute essentials for small spaces. What follows are high quality practical and multi-functional items that also happen to be seriously stylish.
- The Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair: Your tot can eat her first foods, read her first books, and play with her first toys in the intelligently crafted Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair. Made of solid European beech wood, this high chair has an ergonomic adjustable seat and footplate with a safety 5-point harness. It’s a timeless piece that comfortably fits into most dining areas regardless of space. What we love most about it, is that it grows and adjusts with your tot (from infant to young adult!), it’s sturdy. It’s also made with water-based non-toxic paint and is bisphenol-free and phthalate-free.
- The Doona Infant Car Seat Stroller: This clever product is a minimalist’s dream! The Doona Infant Car Seat Stroller is a car seat that converts into a compact stroller. This award-winning innovation is not only practical and safe, but best of all; it only takes 10 second to convert from infant car seat to stroller – with a just click of a button! This revolutionary system has surpassed safety standard measures: from its double-walled side impact protection, its orthopedic inner cushion, anti-rebound technology, and a 3-point seat belt that secures baby in place.
- Boon Patch Countertop Drying Rack: Perfect for narrow spaces, the Boon Patch Countertop Drying Rack holds baby bottles, pacifiers, sippy cups and other just-washed baby accessories. Water drains and remains contained in the lower tray. This product is really easy to clean and is BPA , Phthalate and PVC-free. The bright green grass design adds a nice touch to any kitchen – big or small.
- Boon Stash Multi Room Organizer: Clutter is every mama’s worst enemy. That’s why we love the Boon Stash Multi Room Organizer. It offers an ideal and attractive solution to tackle any mess, in any room at any time. This multi-purpose organizer can either be mounted on a wall or sat on a countertop. It’s also BPA Phthalate and PVC-free.
- Boon Naked Collapsible Bathtub: Say goodbye to bulky bathtubs with the Boon Naked Collapsible Bathtub. The sleek design provides two support positions and has a fully expandable basin that’s ideal for newborns up t to toddlers. This space-sacing collapsible design means the tub is easily stored.
- Boon Frog Pod Bath Toy Scoop: Scoop, drain and store all your bath toys using the Boon Frog Pod Bath Toy Scoop. It’s an absolute multi-functional necessity for mamas. Even your little tot will get a kick out of this fun frog design that can be mounted on a wall to help reduce the mold and mildew build-up often found in toys. It’s BPA, PVC and Phthalate-free and will definitely make post-bath time with baby clutter-free!
- Nuna Sena Travel Cot: The innovative Nuna Sena Travel Cot is a chic travel crib for newborns to toddlers. It has a unique zigzag leg that easily pops the cot open for baby to catch his zzz’s, and then refolds with just one hand for a quick and easy storage. It features a plush, quilted mattress pad that can be adjusted in a higher position for a tiny tot or to to a lower position for when your tot gets more mobile.
- Solvej Baby-Toddler Swing: Who says there are limits to keeping your tot entertained when challenged with a small space at home? The Solvej Baby-Toddler Swing is expertly crafted for indoors and out, and converts from a baby swing (6 months and up) to a toddler swing (up to about 6 years old). The design is constructed with incredible attention to detail, using weatherproof canvas and beautifully finished wood. This non-bulky stylish design makes it ideal for small spaces but can be transitioned for outdoor use as well. Genius!