14 Items you shouldn’t leave home without when traveling
Anyone who’s traveled with kids will tell you that you have to bring A LOT of stuff. We’re here to tell you what you actually need to make your time away stress-free and super fun.
Traveling is one of the best things you can do with your kids, however, the process can be quite stressful if you’re not organized. It’s important to consider what you’ll need to pack to keep your family fed, entertained, comfortable, clean and in good spirits on your memory-making trip.
The following items are great for traveling with babies and younger children:
- Doona Infant Car Seat Stroller: Two birds one stone. This cushy car seat has integrated wheels, which means that in less than ten seconds you can be out of your car with your little one and on your way in safety and style. It’s especially handy when running through airports or hopping in and out of cabs in a city.
- The Jem & Bea Jemima Diaper Bag: This Mary Poppins of a diaper bag is made from 100% tumbled calf leather and is a true modern classic that unites effortless style with the needs of today’s mama. It includes a leather vanity pouch, thermo-insulated bottle holder and padded changing mat.
- Gathre Micro Mat: The Gathre Micro Mat is made from premium bonded leather and can be used as a hygienic change mat to clean up diaper explosions, as a place mat at restaurants or a splat mat under a high chair. It’s the perfect size for travel and can be easily cleaned by simply wiping it down.
- Logan and Lenora Classic Wet Bag: The Colorado-made Logan and Lenora Classic Wet Bag is a stylish solution to everyday messes. It fits up to five cloth diapers or a mix of wet clothes, swimsuits, or workout clothes. Bonus: the non-toxic waterproof lining keeps moisture and odor from soiling the other items in your bag.
- Thinkbaby Sippy of Steel: When on the move, you need a no-spill sippy cup that’s easy for your baby to hold onto. (You’ve got enough on your hands.) The Thinkbaby Sippy of Steel has a medical grade silicone spout and comes with a Travel Top, which reduces chance of spillage. It’s also light-weight, durable and free from harmful chemicals.
- Petit Pehr Playtime Blanket: The 100% quilted cotton Petit Pehr ‘Hi’ blanket is an absolute must, especially when traveling. Whether you need to keep your baby warm on an airplane, get some privacy while breastfeeding or create a soft place for your baby to lay on (like itchy grass in a park,) this blanket will never go astray.
- 4Moms Breeze Playard: Wondering where your baby is going to sleep or play safely while on vacation? The 4moms Breeze Playard is a full-size playard and travel crib with a bassinet feature and travel bag specifically designed to be a breeze to use while seeing the world with your tot.
- Stokke Flexi Bath: The Stokke Flexibath is a foldable baby bath for easy storage and travel that’s suitable from birth to four years. The lightweight, space-saving design makes it easy to store and convenient to use when traveling.
For older children you need:
- GB Pockit Stroller: Even big kids get tired, which is why the GB Pockit Stroller is the compact stroller of your dreams. When folded it is the smallest stroller currently available on the market at 12 x 7 x 14 inches to be precise. In only two steps the stroller becomes a compact and feather-light handbag shaped package (9.5 lb), which is great for when you want to keep sight seeing with the whole family. Oh, and it also fits in overhead carry-on!
- Janod Toys Magnetibook Crazy Face: Designed in France, this handy book-shaped box is great for travel and includes 12 funny face cards and 67 magnetic face pieces for your child to have hours of fun with. Bonus: the magnetic feature means you won’t be picking up 67 pieces off the plane floor.
- Plan Toys My Art Board: The Plan Toys My Art Board fits a standard sized sheet of paper and features a chalkboard equipped with convenient storage underneath to hold chalk, markers, crayons, pencils, erasers and more. The slanted board design means it can be used at a table, on the floor, on a bed or in your child’s lap.
- Neat Cheeks Flavored Wet Wipes: Naturally sweetened with Stevia extract, Neat Cheeks are specifically designed for children’s sensitive little faces and made to taste yummy. Makes for a fuss-free and fun cleanup experience for everyone. Natural, non-GMO ingredients keep your child clean, happy and healthy.
- Modern Twist Bowl & Lid: Perfect for packing healthy snacks for on-the-go, the bowl and lid are made of silky-soft & reusable silicone that makes snack time fun for toddlers & kids.
- Modern Twist Marker Mat: The plastic-free Mark-mat is crafted out of pure, silky soft silicone & designed for kids of all ages. The non-porous and germ-free surface will never wear & tear, so you can roll up the reusable, memory-free mat again and again for endless mealtime fun at home or on the go.