The Tot 10: Most popular items of 2016
Here at The Tot, we only sell products we know, love and personally believe in – so of course we love everything on the site. But this year, these were the ten most popular items. Enjoy!
Last year was a huge year for The Tot. In less than twelve months, we launched our online shop, talked with celebrity mamas like Daphne Oz, Taylor Tomasi Hill and Rachel Zoe and even set up a pop-up shop in downtown Dallas. It’s been a rollercoaster ride, but so much fun! At the heart of everything we do, of course, is you – our reader and our customer. These are the products you deemed most popular in 2016 – thank you for shopping, and here’s to an exciting year ahead in 2017.
- Recliner Bamboo Lounger Robe: Made of fine, mid-weight jersey, this chic yet luxurious robe is a must for any new mama. Perfect for those early days where all you seem to do is nurse, sleep, repeat, you can wear this year-round due to bamboo’s unique temperature control. Bonus: it has a hood. We repeat: it has a hood.
- Kahina Giving Beauty Travel Basics Kit: We’re big fans of Kahina Giving Beauty. The company uses ethically sourced, effective ingredients that are gentle on our skin, and on the planet. This travel set makes a great gift featuring their signature argan oil, a facial cleanser and a facial lotion.
- Bugaboo Donkey Weekender: The Rolls Royce of strollers, the Bugaboo Donkey Weekender is truly luxurious, so it’s no surprise that this was one of our top products in 2016. This pram can be converted from a single to a double, to fit two children, and also features a detachable luggage bag on the side (with a matching, wipe-clean changing mat inside). In subtle yet stunning grey jersey, this is a beautiful stroller that will stand the test of time.
- DL 1961 Chloe Toddler Jean: Not all kids’ jeans are created equal. These ones, made of super-soft denim, are easy to pull on and comfortable enough for your toddler to wear all day long (no complaints, we promise). In unisex black, they’re durable and timelessly chic. In fact, you’ll probably want a pair for yourself.
- AKID Marlow loafer: As any mama will tell you, slip-on shoes are an absolute must for little ones learning to walk. Made of gorgeous premium suede, these loafers are stylish and functional, making them a must-add to any toddler’s wardrobe.
- Petits Et Maman Wooden Monkey Plate: We love these plates from Petits Et Maman – anything that makes mealtime easier is a plus in our books! Sturdy, durable and simple for kids to grip, these plates add a little fun to dinnertime – and that’s always welcome.
- Cognikids Grip Baby Bottle Gripper: For little fingers just learning to grasp, this baby bottle gripper, made of food-grade, BPA-free silicone, is a must. Simple to wash (just pop it in the dishwasher) and easy to pack (it basically flattens), this is one of those things you didn’t know you needed – but you totally do.
- Fiona Walker England Antelope Head Wall Mount: For the quirky toddler’s bedroom, this awesome stuffed toy wall-mounted antelope head makes a great addition. Fun, whimsical and a real point of difference, the wall mount is an excellent way to decorate your tot’s nursery in a totally ‘non-nursery’ way.
- Playsam Rocking Horse: Influenced by the simplicity of Scandi design, this gorgeous rocking horse will be treasured not just by your tot, but by generations of your family to come. Built with durable, child-safe materials, this is a lovely gift for little ones on your list.
- Hape Autobahn: Here at The Tot, we’re big advocates of letting kids learn through imaginative play. And at Hape Toys, that’s what they do – all day, every day. This ‘autobahn’ – a creative take on an old-fashioned marble run – is a great way for kids to develop their fine motor skills and learn how motion works. Plus, it’s colorful and stylish, so it’s a lovely addition to their nursery.