5 Reasons To Love Nailmatic
Completely safe for kids and the earth, nailmatic nail polish is a bright and fun alternative to mainstream polishes that contain hormone-disrupting and carcinogenic chemicals (not to mention, yucky smells!)
#1: Bright colors that don’t come at a cost.
When the founders of nailmatic decided to make a kids collection, they knew not to sacrifice bright and vibrant colors that allow kids to express themselves. They also knew that even though the shades needed to be out of this world cool, they also had to be completely non-toxic. With a special formula that’s free from solvents, phthalates, formaldehyde, toluene, BPA, triphenyl phosphate (TPP or TPHP) and fragrance, they created a water-based polish that is easy to apply and washes off with warm soapy water, meaning you don’t have to mess around with nasty nail polish remover either.
So what exactly do those nasty chemicals mentioned above do?
- Solvents: Both long term and short-term effects including dermatitis, reproductive issues, headaches, cancer and more.
- Phthalates: Linked to birth defects and developmental problems.
- Formaldehyde – aka embalming fluid: Long-term exposure can cause respiratory problems that may increase your risk of certain types of cancer.
- Toluene: Negatively affects your nervous system, immune system, reproductive health as well as unborn fetuses.
- BPA: BPA is a concern because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain, behavior and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children.
- TTP or TPHP: This chemical doubles as a flame retardant and has been linked to endocrine disruption.
- Fragrance: The International Fragrance Association (IFRA) lists 3,059 materials that are reported as being used in fragrance compounds. Of these 3,059 ingredients, many have evidence linking them to health effects including cancer, reproductive toxicity, allergies and sensitivities.
So I think it’s safe to say it’s obvious that our #1 reason for loving nailmatic nail polish is that it’s safe. But let’s go on, shall we?
#2: Dermatologically tested and cruelty free.
Never tested on animals, nailmatic strives to create products that are kind to all creatures on plant earth. If you have a child with sensitive skin, you can rest assured that nailmatic will be safe for their hands, feet (and let’s be honest – sometimes mouth!)
#3: Sustainably and socially responsibly produced in France.
Made in France, all of nailmatic’s packaging is designed to be eco-friendly and assembled by people through their collaboration with ADEP, a French association for the mutual aid of disabled persons. This is done out of a civic initiative to provide work to those who need it most.
#4: Spills? No sweat!
Because nailmatic Kids polish is water based, stains won’t stick. Simply wipe the area with warm soapy water. As parents ourselves we know first hand what a bottle of nail polish can do to a couch. nailmatic makes it a non-issue.
#5: Painting nails is great for honing fine motor skills!
When children start writing, pencil grip is one of the most difficult tasks to master. By practicing applying nail polish, your child can strengthen their fine motor skills while having fun through self-expression. It’s also great for helping kids with color identification, pattern making and counting.