5 Stylish Maternity Wear Essentials
Witnessing your body change during pregnancy can be quite confronting and a huge adjustment, which is why we’ve chosen 5 maternity wear essentials that will make the next 9 months (and after) a lot more comfortable and stylish
We get it. Your jeans don’t button. Your shirt is now a crop top. Welcome to the wonderful world of pregnancy! We know first hand what it’s like to feel like an ever-expanding water balloon. (That desperately wants to wear their favorite skinny jeans.) The fact is; you’re now dressing for two. Luckily, pregnancy style has evolved thanks to brands like HATCH and Citizens of Humanity. Instead of hiding under what some may argue looks like a tent, women get to celebrate their bumps and keep their personal style throughout those nine magical months.
Now for the fun part: Here are 5 maternity essentials that are not only stylish, but also comfortable, flattering, versatile and can be worn even after you’ve given birth.
- The Perfect Vee by HATCH: When HATCH founder Ariane Goldman was pregnant, all she wanted was stylish, comfortable clothing – but she couldn’t find anything she wanted to wear (and would accommodate her growing body). So she designed her own, and along the way, she changed the definition of maternity wear. One of her classic designs is The Perfect Vee. With a wide V-neckline, this comfy every day shirt sits well beneath a hoodie or lightweight sweater for chilly evenings, but champions a chic boxy fit making it perfect to be worn on its own as well. It can be worn with jeans, a skirt or shorts, or paired with sleek pants, heels and jewelry for a fancier occasion.
- The Georgie Jumper by HATCH: Beloved by celebrities like Jessica Biel, Heidi Klum and Gwen Stefani, The Georgie Jumper is as easy to wear as it is fashion-forward. With a refined onesie shape, it’s fitted with adjustable straps, a center back zipper, a chic V-neck at front and a racer back. Wear it with black pants for a more sophisticated look or pair it with denim for a casual afternoon play date. This super cute jumper has been engineered to accommodate a racer back or strapless bra so that you can rock this shape throughout your nine months and then some, without sacrificing support or style.
- The Riviera Dress by HATCH: Made in New York, The Riviera Dress is the perfect combo of laid-back and high fashion. Its long, coweling kaftan shape is elegant enough for a dinner party but simple and classic enough to wear out to run errands or to lounge around your house. The Riviera’s V-neckline is complemented by the inverted-V peak at center front hem, and—along with the shape’s cut-in-one sleeves—gracefully framing your shape while allowing room for growth and movement.
- The Afternoon Dress by HATCH: Whether you’re going to a meeting or lunch with your friends, The Afternoon Dress is going to be your new best friend. With an A-line cut in comfy ponte, the shape glides right over your belly for a flattering and stylish fit. This 100% cotton dress is an easy staple as you grow, and delivers after you do as well, making it an everyday solution for versatility. Pair it with flats or heels to dress it up or down or with a denim jacket and leggings for those cooler months.
- The Emerson Maternity Boyfriend Jean by Citizens of Humanity: Proudly made in the USA, The Emerson Maternity Boyfriend Jean offers a slim and comfortable fit in a casual boyfriend silhouette so you don’t have to sacrifice style or comfort while you’re pregnant. We know it can be daunting to think about putting on jeans when you can’t even see your feet, which is why these wonder pants have elasticized belly panels that stretch to accommodate your growing belly.