A guide to baby products by months
Overwhelmed by the dizzying selection of baby products on the market? The Tot’s definitive guide to essential baby gear helps you avoid buyer’s remorse.
If you’ve found yourself pondering the question, “Do I need a wipes warmer?” recently, you might be in danger of overdoing it when it comes to baby gear. These essential Tot-approved products will not only make your life easier, they’ll also make you look and feel great thanks to their stylish designs and high safety standards. Checklist complete!
0 to 6 months
- Wearable blanket: The Halo Organic Sleepsack Wearable Blanket keeps your baby warm and safe by eliminating the risk of loose blankets covering their face.
- Diaper bag: The 100% tumbled calf leather Jem & Bea Jemima Diaper Bag is practical and stylish with its leather vanity pouch, insulated bottle holder and padded changing mat.
- Crib: Sweet dreams are guaranteed in this eye-catching solid birch and eco-MDF Oeuf Classic Crib in Walnut.
- Crib bedding: Your wee one will love being tucked into Little Unicorn’s soft and cozy 100% cotton muslin crib sheet and organic quilt set.
- Change pad: The Nook Sleep Systems Pebble Change Pad is non-toxic, and the eucalyptus cover is stain-resistant and machine-washable.
- Baby floatie: Watch the delight on your baby’s face as they discover how to move freely underwater with the Otteroo Baby Floatie.
- Carrier: The stylish Cybex YEMA Carrier offers an ergonomic design and three carrying positions – front, hip and back.
- Muslin swaddles: Wrap your little bug up snugly for the night with this gorgeous two-pack of Organic Cotton Muslin Swaddles by Little Unicorn.
- Bouncer: You’ll love the versatility of the BABYBJÖRN Organic Balance Soft Bouncer. Ergonomically and stylishly designed, it can be converted into a rocking chair for toddlers.
- Burp cloths: EllieFunDay’s beautiful Organic Lovie Burp Cloth set is made from 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton and hand-stitched in India.
- Stroller: The Joolz Geo² Earth Mono Stroller combines functionality and style with its roomy bassinet or seat and extra-large storage basket underneath.
- Feeding pillow: The Nook Sleep Systems Niche Organic Feeding Pillow is free from toxins and features a machine-washable organic cotton and eucalyptus cover.
- Bath: Bathing your baby at home and on the go has never been easier with the foldable Stokke Flexibath. The optional Newborn Support offers extra support for newbies.
- Baby Shusher: Get your baby to sleep in no time thanks to the revolutionary Baby Shusher which soothes your baby with a rhythmic shushing sound.
- Diaper pail: ubbi’s uber-stylish Diaper Pail is made from powder-coated steel for maximum odor control.
- Playmat: Tummy time and play time are fun, comfortable and safe thanks to Nook Sleep System’s non-toxic LilyPad Playmat made from eucalyptus and organic cotton.
- Play gym: Fin & Emma’s stunning Indian hardwood Play Gym features hand-knit organic cotton dolls and non-toxic dyes and lacquers.
- Footie: The Kyte BABY Solid Footie is hypoallergenic for babies with sensitive skin and made from sustainable bamboo rayon.
- Onesie: For those warm summer months, Kyte BABY’s bamboo rayon Solid Onesie is soft, breathable and hypoallergenic.
- Travel toy: Manhattan Co’s Wimmer-Ferguson Clip & Discover Shapes offer a range of multi-sensory features to keep your baby engaged and entertained.
- Bottle sterilizer: Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottler Sterilizer safely steam sterilizes six bottles in just 12 minutes.
- Rattle set: Your half-pint will love this Estella Organic Milk and Cookie Rattle Gift Set handmade in Peru by local artisans.
6 to 12 months
- Teether: Loulou Lollipop’s gorgeous Bubble Teether is handmade from food-grade silicone and beech wood.
- Carrier: The Cybex Yema Carrier offers three carrying positions; front, hip and back. Babies can be carried facing the chest from birth
- High chair: The Mima Moon 2G 3-in-1 High Chair offers a newborn lounger, toddler high chair and junior chair all wrapped up in one very stylish package.
- Bowl: ezpz’s Happy Bowl is a placemat-and-bowl combo that suctions to the high-chair tray or table to prevent tipped bowls and messes. Happy days!
- Airplane spoon: The “here comes the airplane!” trick just got a whole lot more fun with Ooga’s non-toxic, high-quality Silicone Airplane Spoon.
- Grand Dock: The European-made DockATot Grand Dock is a hypoallergenic play, rest and sleep device for children aged nine to 36 months. You’ll find so many uses for it at home and on the go.
- Baby food jars: Sage Spoonfuls’ Baby Food Storage jars allow you to store and transport your homemade baby food and snacks. They’re microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe.
- Blanket: This cheerful 100% quilted cotton ‘Hi’ Playtime Blanket by Petit Pehr can be used for playing, breastfeeding or tucking your little one in at night.
- Bib: The adorable Modern-twist Bucket-bib is made from 100% FDA-approved food-grade silicone and is free from harsh chemicals.
- Sippy cup: Say goodbye to nasty chemicals with Thinkbaby’s award-winning Sippy of Steel featuring a medical-grade silicone spout and stainless-steel base.
- Musical shakers: Music has been proven to benefit children’s intellectual, social and emotional development. These Brio Musical Shakers are a great introduction!
- Shape sorter: Help your child develop their fine motor skills while they play with this 100% natural rubber Fruit Shape Sorter by Rubbabu.
1 to 2 years
- Travel cribs: The Nuna SENA aire Travel Crib features an advanced air design for maximum air flow, a one-hand easy fold system and a triple-layered mesh mattress.
- Stroller: Want a really compact stroller? Well, the gb Pockit Stroller is the 2014 Guinness World Records most compact stroller and it only weighs 9.5lbs!
- Potty: BABYBJÖRN’s Smart Potty features an attractive minimalist design and a handy carry handle for easy transportation.
- Walker: Your little walker-in-training will delight in pushing around this colorful Haba Pushing Car Walker Wagon made from beech plywood.
- Hamper: Petit Pehr’s Striped Hamper – Horizontal is made from 100% cotton canvas and can be used to store anything from toys to dirty laundry.
- Puzzle: Those clever people over at Green Toys made this eye-catching Garden Puzzle from 100% recycled plastic and packaged it with recycled and recyclable materials.
- Pegging game: Haba’s cheerful Animal Garden Pegging Game is made from beech wood and helps improve fine motor skills.
2 to 3 years
- Veggie sculpting dough: What’s not to love about Wee Can Too’s Veggie Sculpting Dough? It’s free from toxic chemicals, made with real vegetables and is safe enough to eat!
- Play kitchen: Hape’s beautifully designed Play Kitchen is made from wood from sustainably sourced forests and encourages imaginary play.
- Bike: Wishbone’s 3-in-1 Bike – Recycled Edition can be converted from a three-wheeler to a two-wheeler and its height can be adjusted. Best of all, it’s made from recycled carpets.
- Play table: This stunning Oeuf Play Table has been crafted from eco-friendly Baltic birch plywood. It’s just begging for craft projects and tea parties!
- Play chairs: Complete your Oeuf play set with these adorable bunny-eared or bear-eared Play Chairs that come in a set of two.
- Backpack: STATE Bags’ Kane Backpack is made from 100% polyester canvas and comes in bright colors. For every STATE bag sold, one is donated to a child in need.
By Sabrina Rogers-Anderson