Which stroller is right for you
There are many types of strollers out there so choosing one that suits your lifestyle is key. Here are a few of our top stroller picks.
What to consider when choosing a stroller
Choosing a stroller can sometimes feel like buying a new car. You have to figure out what your needs are, what your budget will allow, and you have to make sure that what you buy will fit in with your lifestyle. Your stroller may be something that you use on a daily basis while going out and about with your tot, or maybe you live on a 3rd floor inner city condo and you need to lug it up the stairwell. Whatever your lifestyle, you need a stroller that complements it and makes it easier.
There are many types of strollers out there so knowing what you’ll be using it for is key to choosing the right one. Here are a few of our stroller picks:
Strollers for Active Parents
Planning on hitting the pavement for a run, jog or walk with your baby? A jogging stroller might be a good choice. Not only can you use it for day-to-day activities but you can also take it on and off road. A jogging stroller should have good traction, be agile and also have a lighter frame.
- The Bumbleride Speed Jogging Stroller is lightweight, user friendly and won’t slow you down. It can accommodate kids up to 65 lbs so it should last you quite a long time. From a quick trip to the grocery store or an intense jog on the running trail – you’ll be covered.
Strollers for Urban Parents
City living is a game changer when it comes to a stroller purchase. Depending on your living situation you may need something that folds up smaller, is light and versatile.
- The Bugaboo Bee3 Stroller is super light, compact and has easy maneuverability which is key in a bustling city setting! Carrying it up 3 flights of stairs? No problem.
- The Stokke XPLORY is another great option. It’s highly configurable and is compatible with other brands of infant seats. You can forward face or rear face your baby to accommodate any situation. As a bonus Stokke uses some safer materials like a water-repellent, phthalate-free PVC rain hood with netted fabric for ventilation. Both accommodate kids up to 45lbs.
- The Mima Xari is a unique, elegant and compact stroller that offers a comfortable and accommodating ride for both parent and baby. It’s easy to maneuver with a compact and simple fold. It’s suitable for use from birth up to 37.4 lbs.
- The CYBEX Priam is inspired by ingenious simplicity, functionality and beauty. Designed by Ray and Charles Eames, the versatile Priam offers a 3-in-1 modular system: One frame enables three different uses: as a pram with Carry Cot, as a stroller with the Lux Seat, as a travel system with a CYBEX infant car seats. It also features one-hand fold an an extendable extra-large canopy offering UVP50+ sun. protection and a see-through ventilation window.
Small Space Living Parents
When you don’t have a lot of room, compact is key! You don’t want to hog up space with a large stroller that’s better suited living in your trunk or garage.
- The Doona Car Seat and Stroller is a great alternative as it converts from a car seat into a stroller with one simple click to set up. As a car seat it surpasses all US safety regulations and offers great overall impact protection.
- The Nuna MIXX Stroller is also perfect for small spaces as it folds up flat and can be stored in narrow spaces without sacrificing style or quality. Flatten it out and stow away. It also features OKO-TEX certified fabrics which will put your mind at ease.
- With its exceptional design innovation, the gb Pockit Stroller is a folding champion. With its clever two-step folding technique, you can switch from pushing to carrying in seconds. It’s light-as-a-feather, weighing in at 9.5lbs. And while it’s small, it’s also strong and built to last. We also love the convenient one-hand push!
Some parents are looking for strollers with maximum versatility. Whether you have a super busy life or just want an all-in-one stroller that will cover all your bases, there are strollers that will hit the mark in more ways than you can imagine.
- The Bugaboo Cameleon3 Classic stroller is an amazing piece of equipment. Its versatility and quality is unmatched. You can convert it from a bassinet sleeper stroller to an upright reclining seat stroller with ease. The bassinet is detachable and you can carry sleeping beauty with you anywhere you want to go. This stroller is designed to weather any conditions or terrain.
- The Bumbleride Indie Stroller has the features of a jogger and can accommodate kids up to 55lbs. From the pavement to the trail, the Indie adapts to your daily adventures. We also love that Bumbleride chooses safe fabrics where possible including some recycled plastic fabrics and certain OKO-TEK certified features as well.